My learning fall and rise

When I started this semester I thought I was ready for anything. I thought that this class would be easy and that our teacher would be on us like most of my teachers from previous years. I was certain that I would get at least a -b in this class.

then when I got told that we the class could decide in which way we could decide in how we are going to learn was that it made me kind of confused because, we the student never really had any power of ruling the class and so it caught me off gaurd. Then when you Dr Preston walked out of the room I was wondering why did he leave the room,is it because he has that much confidence in the class. when you came back in and when we came to our decision in which way we were going to run the class you respectfully acknowledge the decision we made.

the first ever journal I made was ok but when the weeks started progressing I started to loose interest in doing journals. After that I started not doing my journals for long period on time and now im here in my room trying to catch up in all my missing assignment like the blog post the video's and the journals. Another challenge I had to face in this course was trying to put my self out there by taking videos of myself rehearsing the poem that we had to memorize. The last challenging part is getting used to not writing in a simple structure such a the intro paragraph body paragraph and the conclusion paragraph.

one moment i felt the most tension in this course would be typing essays about what we learned from the text. I didn't really prevail in the essays I just let them go and what im learning from this is that i'm getting more lazy and I should start to shape up. One thing I could not preserve is my grade in this class because I started not to do most of the work for this class. I didn't really deal with it because i'm still doing the same things over and over.

I haven't done anything to try to get my grade up but I wish I did try to get my grade up. The routine I built in the class was when there is a story I would try to take in as much notes as I can and then post it to my blog for some credit at least. As for anything else i would start to procrastinate in class, its  just I dont really feel motivated to do anything in this class. The only way I will feel motivated would be if there is something in it for me not just learning tools that will help me in class for collage but, more experiences like the interview we had this December.

The way that im a different learner is I took some of the experiences i took from the class to put into this essay. the experience I learned was that an essay doesn't have to be in intro,body,and conclusion paragraph. I would say it feel more fun typing an essay like this. Its just I feel that next year most other teacher wont like this type of writing and they will say to do it over. in all of my English classes I feel I got the most information in this class than any other of my English classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gatsby test chapter

A second helping of Socratic seminar